Monday, April 02, 2007

Productivity tip?


I am considering switching back to using Lynx as my primary browser. My theory is that it makes the web so much less compelling that I won't be as distracted by it. Slightly easier in terms of keyboard navigation so I don't have to touch the mouse. Runs great in cygwin too. The biggest downside I am seeing so far is that Google Maps doesn't run very well.

I don't see them doing much to fix that. Oh well, back to 9 tabs of FireFox I suppose. Apologies for the mind drip.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

you can get googlemaps in lynx :
ASCIIMaps

Matt McKnight said...

Ahh, I was hoping someone would mention that...unfortunately they use images of ascii vs real ascii. sounds like a good project though.

Unknown said...

It does save time if you are ever at a site that has a really slow internet connection.

I used to use it all the time when I was on 14.4 connections.

Matt McKnight said...

yeah, i used to use it on the VAX, pre mosaic. i don't even know how slow that connection was...